Summary of Position
The Classroom Paraprofessional is responsible for assisting the classroom/special education teachers with the
implementation of the general education program, while acting as a contributing member of the school. Will be covering in the classroom from time to time. This is a nonexempt position.
Reports to the Student Coordinator
Supports and models the Catholic Mission and the Native American Culture that are the foundations of
St. Joseph’s Indian School. Promotes a reclaiming environment for all students through the Circle of Courage.
1. Conveys clear behavioral expectations to students and monitors compliance.
2. Assists with setting up and supervising supplemental reading programs, i.e. Reading Counts, Books are
3. Tutors students individually or in small groups as assigned by classroom teachers or special education
4. Assists with morning, lunch room and recess duties as assigned.
5. Reports immediately, any type of abuse, neglect, suspected or alleged, as well as any serious accidents
or illnesses affecting the student to school administration.
6. Assists teachers in the classroom and prepares materials for display as scheduled or requested.
7. Oversees the care of school property used in the classroom, reporting damages to school
administration, completing the necessary maintenance requisitions.
8. Shares responsibilities with teacher in developing and implementing computer programming for
9. Attends and participates in in-service training, pre-service workshops and any appropriate
administrative, and staff meetings.
10. Completes other responsibilities as required by the Student Coordinator.
High School Degree (preferred) or GED
Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods
Expectations of Hours Worked
Approximately 35 hours per week with no hours during holiday breaks or summer vacation.