Summary of Position
The Recreation Center Intern works in conjunction with other Rec Center staff to provide recreational education and program supervision for students and staff. This is a non-exempt position.
Reports to the Recreation Center Coordinator
- Supports and models the Catholic Mission and the Native American Culture that are the foundations of St. Joseph’s Indian School.
- Promotes a reclaiming environment for all students through the Circle of Courage.
- Must successfully complete LSCI, CPI, and CPR.
- Works directly with Rec. Center staff to provide programing to students and SJIS staff.
- Works directly with houseparents to help define and promote home recreational activities.
- Supervises athletic programming and activities in conjunction with the Rec Center staff.
- Assists with evening and weekend coverage of athletics and Rec Center programs.
- Serves as coach, referee, etc. for sports sponsored by the Rec Center.
- Defines, coordinates and supervises Wednesday Enrichment Night recreational component.
- Assists Rec Center staff with the promotion of adult programs.
- In conjunction with the Rec Center Coordinator, monitors the Rec Center facility to insure upkeep of the facilities and equipment.
- Submit intern requirements from the College to Rec. Center Coordinator.
- Completes other responsibilities as required by the Rec Center Coordinator.
- Working towards a degree in Recreation or similar area of practice.
- 40 hours a week with a varying schedule dependent on need.