Summary of Position
The Bindery Assistant is a seasonal position responsible for assisting in all post-press operations. This is a nonexempt position.
Reports to the Bindery personnel and Tipi Press Printing Manager
- Assists in all bindery operations and will be accompanied by trained operator.
- Assists in handling of printed materials.
- Works as a team member with the staff at Tipi Press Printing to produce a quality product.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Bindery Supervisor and/or Tipi Press Printing Manager
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing 25 to 45 lbs.
- Frequently pulls or pushes carts weighing up to 750lbs.
- Regularly bends, stoops, and crouches.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Uses the abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly over time without becoming fatigued.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.
- Ear plugs are required in certain areas and provided due to the loud work environment.
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience helpful