Summary of Position
The Bindery Operator is responsible for assisting in all post-press operations. This is a nonexempt position.
Reports to the Tipi Press Printing Manager
- Operates all bindery equipment.
- Assists in handling of delivered printed materials.
- Assists with regular maintenance of equipment.
- Records and maintains file of completed jobs.
- Attends meetings, workshops and seminars that concern Tipi Press Printing.
- Works as a team member with the staff at Tipi Press Printing to produce a quality product.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Tipi Press Printing Manager
- High School diploma
- Experience helpful but not needed ( hands on training provided)
- Mechanical Ability
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing 25 to 45 lbs.
- Frequently pulls or pushes carts weighing up to 750lbs.
- Regularly bends, stoops, and crouches.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Uses the abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly over time without becoming fatigued.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.
- Ear plugs are required in certain areas and provided due to the loud work environment.