Summary of Position
The Equine Center Maintenance/Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the facility including the arena, classrooms, observation deck area, and overall general care of the entire structure and grounds. This is a non-exempt full time position.
Reports to the Facilities Manager
Core Responsibilities have not yet been established.
- Responsible for the care and condition of the Equine Therapy Center. This includes minor maintenance, cleaning/custodial activities, daily care of the arena.
- Manages all areas of the Equine Therapy Center related to building maintenance and care.
- Ability to use equipment such as mowers, tillers, and other work related vehicles associated with grounds work.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Performs custodial functions for the classroom, observation, lobby, and restroom areas.
- Ensures all work areas are clean, organized, and safe working conditions are maintained.
- Performs other responsibilities as required by the Facilities Manager.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Barn and grounds work experience preferred
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.
- Regularly bends, stoops, crouches, and climbs stairs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods.
- Uses the abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly over time without becoming fatigued.
Expectations of Hours Worked