Summary of Position:
The Museum Store Manager is responsible for managing the Museum’s retail store on-site and online which includes overseeing buying, sales, staff, and inventory. This is a non-exempt position.
Reports to the Museum Director
- Manages both on-site and e-commerce operations and provides guidance for the stores including product selection, purchasing, strategic goals, and inventory control.
- Serves as the on-site lead for the CP point-of-sale software and is responsible for managing all requests for the help-desk support, SKU information, control, and reports for inventory sales.
- Supervises, hires, and trains all Seasonal Museum Associates and Tour Guides.
- Develops and maintains a schedule for employees and promotions centered on holiday sales and other cycles.
- Seek ways to better promote the store, the product line, and service within the museum.
- Maintains contact with vendors to ensure maximum efficiency in meeting sales goals.
- Manages all controllable costs with a view to maintaining profitability.
- A Degree in business, marketing, or related field is strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of retail management with an entrepreneurial approach and commensurate supervisory experience.
- Position requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available and willing to work weekends and evenings periodically.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.