Summary of Position
The Software Developer is part of a team that develops various technology-related projects in support of St. Joseph’s Indian School. This is a full-time exempt position to be located in Sioux Falls, SD or Chamberlain, SD.
Reports to the Software Development Manager.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and document new software
- Maintain, debug, and document existing software
- Work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Participate in strategic planning and problem-solving activities
- Receive and offer feedback with professionalism
- Develop and progress toward professional goals
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicate with and support both technical and non-technical staff
- Stay conversant with current technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Software Development Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field), or a minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Experience programming with Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET Web Forms or MVC, and SQL Server
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office in a Windows environment
- Special consideration for experience with JQuery, Bootstrap, Microsoft Access, Entity Framework and/or SQL Server Reporting Services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods
- May be required to sit for prolonged periods of time