Variable Data Print Operator
Summary of Position
The Print Operator is responsible for operating printers and peripheral equipment. This is a nonexempt position.
Reports to the Director of Mail Production
- Operates the variable data printers and other related equipment.
- Looks closely at your printed material to identify and correct errors, spot and improve weaknesses and produce a high quality end-result.
- Handles forms and other related material in the inventory.
- Performs regular maintenance and cleaning of equipment as assigned.
- Operates printing programs to complete print jobs.
- Maintains tight security in regard to sensitive information.
- Performs other responsibilities as required by the Director of Mail Production.
- High School graduate with good computer skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Good mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Frequently push and pull roller carts with a force of 35 pounds.
- Occasionally bends, stoops, crouches.