Summary of Position
The Graphic Artist/Preflight Specialist I will provide layout and graphic design work for internal jobs. The specialist will take files through the preflight stage to the CTP Platesetter. This is a nonexempt position.
Reports to the Print Shop Manager
- Works with internal personnel to do design and layout work for a wide array of digital and printed materials.
- Works extensively in PC or Mac-based Adobe programs, i.e. InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Operates Rip software in conjunction with the CTP Platesetter.
- Archives and backs up digital job files.
- Assists in all areas of the print shop as needed to meet the production goals of the organization.
- Works in layout software for variable data printers.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Print Shop Manager.
- A degree in Graphic Arts or Prepress is preferred. Experience in the printing industry is acceptable.
- Must possess strong communication skills, be detail oriented and organized.
- Must understand the computer hardware and software associated with the position in order to assure that the prepress area will operate effectively and to assure the output of a consistent high-end product.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.