Summary of Position
The Print Shop Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, organizing and implementing the activities related to ensure a successful printing department including the operation of 2-color and 4-color presses and any other equipment as needed. This is an exempt position located in Chamberlain, SD.
Reports to the Director of Production Operations
- Represents St. Joseph’s Indian School in a positive and professional manner to employees and external vendors and entities.
- Promotes and leads staff toward the organization’s mission, vision and values. Leads by example and is a model of exemplary behavior to promote a positive working environment. As a manager, inspires teamwork among staff, develops and mentors all staff and manages performance including hiring, discipline and preparing performance evaluations.
- Participates in strategic and tactical planning with the Director of Production Operations.
- Stays conversant with all existing equipment and any new or emerging technologies in order to provide the most cost effective solutions for the Print Shop.
- Prepares job cost projections and Print Shop department budget.
- Monitors and maintains an accurate Printing inventory system including ordering supplies, paper and ink to ensure high quality and best price for those items produced.
- Manages and operates 4-color, 2-color presses and other machinery as needed to meet the printing schedule of the department.
- Evaluates equipment maintenance and acquisition to meet the objectives of the Development Office.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Director of Production Operations.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field with a minimum of 5 years of related experience. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Experience in the printing industry desirable.
- Must have experience using MS Office suite of products.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must possess strong project management skills and demonstrated proficiency at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently moves with Pallet Jack Truck 2500 to 3000 lbs.
- Regularly bends, stoops, and crouches.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Uses the abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly over time without becoming fatigued.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods.
- Ear plugs are recommended and offered due to the loud work environment.