Summary of Position
Production Support is responsible for the operation of the inserting machines, under the guidance of the technical support, to assemble mail for posting. This is a nonexempt position.
Reports to the Production Supervisor
- Set up and configure the inserting machine to begin new jobs and trouble-shoot any problems throughout the job.
- Unpack and prepare materials for use on the inserting machine, keeping feeders filled to insure a smooth unbroken machine operation
- Prepares all mail according to the USPS guidelines and policies/procedures of the development office.
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions bundles weighing up to 35 lbs. and occasionally 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods and uses the abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly over time without becoming fatigued.